| For All Returns: |
Since our vendors have a specific time period during which they will accept products back from us, we must receive your return at our warehouse no more than 30 days from the date the item was shipped to you. To accomplish this, we recommend that you obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA #) within 20 calendar days of the ship date to you, thereby allowing sufficient time for the product to be returned by a less costly shipping method, such as UPS Ground or receipted US Mail.
Returns received beyond 30 calendar days from the original ship date may be denied. Denied returns are subject to a return shipping fee if you wish the package returned to you. For valid returns, you are responsible for returning products to BlackLight.com at your expense. Original shipping charges are non-refundable. Returned items originally delivered to you with free shipping are subject to actual original shipping charges being withheld from refund or credit.
For All Unopened Returns:
You may return unopened items within the stated time period for a refund or credit, less shipping and handling. Returned items and their packaging must not show any signs of being opened, used, damaged or defaced and may be subject to a 10% restocking fee upon our review, with the exception of blacklight bulbs or fixtures and professional lighting which may be assessed a 25% restocking fee. Please note items used for a one-time event, such as a party, reception, etc. are not returnable. Products exchanged for other items on our website may not be subject to a restocking fee. Please note that any scale or weighing device (either manual or digital) and special order items may not be returned. Any items originally qualifying for free shipping will have the original shipping charges deducted from the refund amount. Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
For All Opened Returns:
You may return non-defective items within the stated time period for credit, less original shipping charges and a 15% restocking fee. A 25% restocking fee will apply to blacklight bulbs and/or fixtures, or professional lighting. Please note items used for a one-time event, such as a party, reception, etc. are not returnable. Returned items must be in working condition and packaging must not be damaged or defaced. Please note that any scale or weighing device (either manual or digital) and special order items may not be returned. Any items originally qualifying for free shipping will have the original shipping charges deducted from the refund amount. Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
For Defective Product:
Please contact us immediately at 1-866-316-7311 for troubleshooting non-functioning products and further instructions. If possible, take digital photographs and forward them to email@example.com for review. Products found to be defective may need to returned to us for testing and/or manufacturer credit. If this is necessary, you will be instructed to request a Return Authorization number using the link below. All returns are to be returned via a prepaid shipping method. Once the product has been verified to be defective, a replacement will be shipped out to you with shipping charges paid by Blacklight.com. Defective items are subject to repair or replacement only. If you choose to return products for a refund, then the above terms for Opened and Unopened Returns will apply.
For Damaged Product Due to Shipping:
Products claimed to be damaged by the shipping carrier need to be recorded by recipient with that carrier and are subject to their terms and conditions for refund or replacement. Please Notify Us immediately (within 2 business days of receipt of damaged merchandise due to shipping) and BlackLight.com will assist as your authorized agent in the attempted settlement of damaged product in question with that carrier. Please note time is of the essence when filing "damaged in shipping" claims with common carriers, and failure to properly document and report immediately may be grounds for the shipper to deny the claim. Products damaged by carrier will be replaced solely by Blacklight.com if the shipper approves the claim.
Refused or Non-Deliverable Packages:
Orders that are refused at the delivery point for any reason, unclaimed, or returned by shipping agency due to an incorrect shipping address (provided by customer) will be subject to a re-delivery charge, if you request the package to be re-delivered. UPS levies a surcharge for refused/undelivered packages. You may request a refund, less a 10% restocking fee plus the refused/return delivery charge, rather than having the package re-delivered. Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
Items that Blacklight.com is unable to process as a return:
(1) Any scale or weighing device (Please refer to the Manufacturer's Lifetime Warranty or Contact Us to help you get it operational. This includes all digital and non-digital devices).
(2) Special Order Items (Blacklight.com welcomes the opportunity to help special order hard to find items for you, however, in these cases, all sales are final unless damaged during shipping).
(3) Paints, inks, bubbles, fogs, or other liquids that plastic wrapping has been removed and/or have been used, opened, or tested, as these items are unable to be safely resold due to possibility of contamination or dilution.
(4) Items that have been used for a one-time personal, seasonal, or holiday event (including blacklight bulbs and/or fixtures).
BlackLight.com reserves the right to refuse any return that:
- is missing parts
- is not returned in its original packaging
- shows physical damage to the product or its packaging
- shows signs of extended usage and wear (includes items that are classified as non-returnable above)
- appears used for a one-time event, such as a holiday or seasonal party, reception, or dance etc.
- does not include our email response inside the shipping carton
- does not include a valid RA number on the shipping label
- has an expired RA number
How do I obtain a Return Authorization Number?
Follow these steps:
1. Locate the packing slip/invoice included with your original shipment. You will need to reference this document when requesting a return authorization number.
2. Contact BlackLight.com by clicking on the button "Request a RA Number" at the bottom of this page. Please complete the form in it's entirely.
All returns must be addressed as follows:
26735 W. Commerce Dr. Suite 705
Volo, IL 60073
The Return Authorization number issued by our Customer Service Representative will be valid for up to five (5) items and must be written on the shipping label only for all returned packages. Returns with writing on the original manufacturer's packaging will be subject to a repackaging fee. Packages without RA numbers will be refused. All returns must include our EMAIL response inside the shipping carton.
(for items damaged during shipping)
(for all other requests)